Thursday, December 30, 2010

GMO, Hybrids, Organic or Hierloom?

What types of seeds do you plant? Do you know?

I feel it is VERY important to know where your seeds come from and what kind of seeds you use. I suggest that you do some research on the companies you buy your seeds from.

I am going to try and stay away from GMO (genetically modified) and hybrid seeds this year. Why? The biggest reason is that I want to save my seeds from this year to plant next year. It will be a pretty large initial investment but unless something goes horribly wrong I won't ever have to buy seeds again. With GMO and hybrids, you can't really be sure that the seeds you save from a tomato this year will produce the same type or quality of tomato next year or even grow at all. I'm not even sure that organic seeds will either.

Plus doesn't "Genetically modified" make you think of scary man eating plants????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a tip? Found something that works better? Just want to say hi? Leave your comment here!