Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pantry Peanut Butter Banana Bread

If you are anything like me and hate to waste expensive produce, you probably have a few over-ripe bananas in your freezer. Well, I looked last night and discovered I had 8, yes 8, black bananas in the freezer.

So I made banana bread. For the very first time! I am not much of a baker but the recipe I found last night was so easy. Plus it was kid friendly and, as always, I had everything I needed on hand.

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

* 1/2 cup butter, softened (only 1 stick)
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup mashed ripe banana
* 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup sour cream

1. In a mixing bowl (I used my sexy Kenmore Elite Mixer), cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas and peanut butter; mix well. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and sour cream; add to creamed mixture.
2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf ban. Bake at 350 degrees F for 70-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.

I accidentally melted 2 sticks of butter so in order not to waste the butter, I doubled the recipe and made 2 loafs. The baking time and temperature stays the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a tip? Found something that works better? Just want to say hi? Leave your comment here!