Thursday, January 19, 2012

Weekend Project-Gardening Apron

I need an apron to garden in. Normal aprons, as you know, only come to mid-thigh. That doesn't keep the dirt off the knees.

A lot of my gardening time last year was squeezed in between T-ball practice and work. I ended up changing my jeans numerous times a day or dragging a bath towel around to kneel on. That was waaaay too much laundry to do. So this year, I HAVE to have an apron.

My weekend project: Make an apron long enough to garden in. With all used items.

I have a pile of busted up jeans that I can cut up. I have an old waist apron I can use as a pattern. I bet I could even find some left over fabric to girl it up a little bit and maybe add pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a tip? Found something that works better? Just want to say hi? Leave your comment here!