Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Goals

My long term goals:
I want to grow most of our produce.
I want to have solar and wind energy powering our home.
I want to buy at least 5 acres to enjoy.
I want a few animals like goats, pigs, and chickens.
I want to learn how to make my own soaps and lotions.
I want to make a living by selling my surplus produce and goods. This is very realistic since there is a restaurant in town that (I think, not 100% sure) uses locally grown (or the closest thing to locally grown) products.
I want to get my extended family (definitely my sisters and probably nephews, brother, and in-laws) and neighbors involved.

And short term goals:
I want to learn to can.
I want to learn how to cook with fresh ingredients.
I want a functioning compost bin/barrel/heap.
I want half of our current back yard for gardening.
I want to get my husband and kids involved in the gardening.
I want to cut down our meat consumption.
I want to learn how to sew minor things, like t-shirts, aprons, bedding and curtains.

These are just brainstorm ideas for now and I will keep updating them as I make progress or change any goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a tip? Found something that works better? Just want to say hi? Leave your comment here!