Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Progress Update

I have gotten ALL my seeds and plants except the Stevia plant which should show up today.

I have even started some seeds: Anahiem peppers, bell peppers, jalapenos, broccoli, celery and oregano are in peat pots. The broccoli has already sprouted in 4 peat pots and there is 1 oregano. By this weekend, I should be able to tell which seeds were duds and will re-seed the non-growing pots.

The tomatoes will be started this weekend and if the garden is ready, some seeds planted directly in the dirt.

I ran out of topsoil trying to fill up my strawberry Growin Bags so I am buying some more tonight after work and finish potting up the plants. So far I only have the blueberry planted and have a raspberry and 25 strawberries waiting on me.

The garden has been tilled for the 2nd time and the big rocks have been removed. If the weather is nice enough, I am going to work on getting stuff added (like manure and what little compost I have) tonight.

While we were at Home Depot last weekend, we found kids gardening kits. They both picked out which ones they wanted. Sammy picked out cherry tomatoes and banana peppers and Stevie picked out basil and parsley. They both got a watermelon too. Those have all been started and set in the kitchen window sill. They check them every day to see if anything has sprouted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a tip? Found something that works better? Just want to say hi? Leave your comment here!